The gimlet… what a drink. It has many things I enjoy in a cocktail, gin, the taste of lime (sort of), an intriguing colour and the British Navy. It is also the only current exception to drinkskultur rule #5. Shaken together vigorously it is delightful, refreshing, crisp and packs quite a punch. In order for you to have one while reading this, yes I do insist, I’ll start with the recipe.
Tag Archives: bitters
TL;DR? Just drink it.
- Ice cubes into a tall narrowish glass, be generous
- 1.5 ounces Campari
- 1.5 ounces sweet vermouth
- Few drops of cocktail bitters, less is more, Angostura’s orange is especially nice
- Top with soda water to taste
- Garnish with an orange wheel or expressed lemon peel (optional)
- Stir very briefly (keep them bubbles)
There’s no scuba diving in sight for the immediate future. I had the opportunity to go dive in a quarry, in Mohawk territory, but my bad social planning skills intervened. So instead of glorious but cold ass underwater vistas, brace yourselves for a short series on…. you know it , drinks, and probably some random thoughts to go with that.
Our Drinkskultur: Part Three
At Diving & Chillin’ we take our drinkskultur pretty seriously. After all, life is too short for crappy cocktails and it’s really not that demanding to bring your game to near olympian levels. It’s time to raise your post diving drinks from mere refreshments to potions worthy of being entered in your logbook. Now there’s a thought.